Friday, July 2, 2010

Lasagna

I threw together a veggie lasagna tonight using the mozzarella Daiya cheese. It was pretty good, but I'm not that great with lasagna. I've made maybe 5 in my life. Ok, so I'll remind you not to put a layer of noodles on the top without putting sauce over it. It's dry. It's hard to chew. But the rest of it was pretty good. I made a small lasagna in an 8"x8" casserole dish so you'll want to double this if you make a full size one.

Ingredients:

4 lasagna noodles
1/2 jar of pasta sauce
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large carrot, shredded
1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup Boca crumbles (optional)
1/3 cup of Daiya cheese (or less)

Break each noodle in half. Boil them until tender. Drain and set aside. Saute the veggies in oil until softened, add Boca crumbles and sauce, heat through. Layer the noodles, sauce mixture, and cheese in a casserole dish. Makes about 3 layers. Bake in a 375* oven about 30 minutes.


The Boca crumbles really weren't necessary. They tasted fine but I didn't feel like they really did anything for me. I'll leave them out next time. I used about 1/3 cup of cheese for the entire thing but even that much seemed like a little too much. Maybe 1/4 cup would be better. I used the veggies I had on hand but of course you could experiment. For those of you that like them, I'm sure mushrooms would do well in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment