Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lentil Dahl

This is another great Indian dish. It goes well over basmati rice. When I made it, I did the Vegetables Korma at the same time and just piled everything on my plate separately. That works too.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 tsp ground cumin seed
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup dried lentils
2 tbsp lime juice
3/4 tsp salt

Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, ginger, cumin, turmeric, red pepper, and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and tomatoes and saute 1 minute. Stir in water and lentils and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35-40 minutes. Stir in lime juice and salt.


I found this on the internet, but lost the link. If this is yours, let me know and I'll properly credit you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment