Monday, June 14, 2010

Bruschetta with White Bean Paste, Tomato Chutney, and Reduced Balsamic Glaze

Yet another Vegetarian Time recipe. Really, I *just* started reading that magazine. Like 3 weeks ago. But they have some excellent recipes! I'll move onto other sources soon, I promise, and even some creations of my own.

I jumped at the chance to make this because bruschetta always looks SO good to me...but I hate olives. And so does my boyfriend. Well this one is olive-free and delicious!

Ingredients:

Glaze:

1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp non-refined cane sugar

White bean paste:

1 15 oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, minced

Chutney:

4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp lime juice

Bruschetta:

16 slices of french baguette
2 tbsp olive oil

For the glaze, simmer vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over med-low heat until syrupy. Cool.

For the paste, blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

For the chutney, combine all ingredients in a bowl.

For the bruschetta, preheat grill (or oven...I set it to 400*). Brush slices with oil and grill or bake 2-3 minutes on each side. Tops with 1 tbsp of paste and 2 tbsp of chutney. Drizzle with glaze.


No comments:

Post a Comment