Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lentil Tacos

This is another easy dish, especially if you cook lentils in big batches and freeze them in portions. You can also wrap these in burritos or make a taco salad. They are a great substitute for soy meat, which is expensive.

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked lentils
Taco seasoning (packaged or homemade)
Diced onions
Taco shells (or tortillas)
Shredded lettuce
Diced tomatoes
Taco sauce
Salsa
Tofutti sour cream

Saute onion in oil about 3-5 minutes. Add lentils and taco seasoning, cook 5-10 minutes. Serve with shells and toppings.


The toppings are variable of course. I think in that picture I also had some frozen corn I heated up. I don't like sour cream, but Tofutti is dairy-free if that interests you. I like my spanish rice on the side, not as a topping and that is optional as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment