Monday, June 14, 2010

So what do you eat?

This is the first thing many people ask when they find out what I *don't* eat. I'm a vegetarian and I also don't eat dairy and I limit my egg consumption. I may go vegan one day but I don't know. To the typical American, this diet seems severely lacking and boring. But my diet is more varied, interesting, and flavorful than it ever was when I ate meat! I used to think meals revolved around that hunk of flesh on my plate. Veggies and grains were an afterthought. I've done a complete 180. Now I go to my fridge and say, "I have a big head of cauliflower...what can I make with it?" There's a lot of delicious food to be had and it's easy to come up with new and exciting dishes when your plate doesn't revolve around beef, chicken, pork, or fish. Those 4 choices get boring mighty fast.

So here's my blog. I'd been posting all of this to Facebook, but there's so much more I want to write! My friends often ask me for recipes...well here they are! And maybe even a story or two behind each dish. And each one will come with a review with my own comments, of course, but I don't plan on posting any I didn't personally try and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment